Karmasangsthan Bank Job Circular 2019, Admit Card, Result | www kb gov bd
Pubali Bank Limited (Bengali: পূবালী ব্যাংক লিমিটেড) is the largest private commercial bank in Bangladesh. It has more branches than any other private bank in the country. Mr. M. Azizul Huq is the present chairman of the bank.
Pubali Bank was started in East Pakistan as Eastern Mercantile Bank Limited in the year 1959 under Bank Companies Act 1913. After independence of Bangladesh in 1971 this Bank was nationalized under Bangladesh Bank's (nationalization) Ordinance and renamed as Pubali Bank. Subsequently, Pubali Bank was denationalized in the year 1983 as a private bank and renamed as Pubali Bank Limited.
At Present, Pubali Bank is the largest private commercial bank having 465 branches and it has the largest real time centralized online banking network.
Pubali Bank limited has achieved constantly about 20% growth for the last 6 (six) years. Following table summarizes the performance of the key financial indicators of the Bank. (Taka in Crore)
The following divisions are currently in operation at the Pubali Bank's head office:
- Board Division & MD's Secretariat
- Human Resources Division
- Establishment Division
- Law Division
- International Division
- Credit Division
- Credit Administration, Monitoring & Recovery Division
- Consumers Credit Division
- Central Accounts Division
- ICT Operation Division
- Software Development Division
- Lease Financing Division
- Compliance Division
- Monitoring Division
- Audit & Inspection Division
- General Services and Development Division
- Research and Development Division
- Risk Management Division
- Islamic Banking Wing
- Card Division
- Treasury Division
- Marketing Division
- "Pubali Bank Limited - HISTORY OF THE PUBALI BANK LIMITED". Pubali Bank. Retrieved December 2, 2009.[self-published source?]
- "Pubali Bank Limited - Banglapedia". en.banglapedia.org. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- ""M. Azizul Huq elected Chairman of Pubali Bank Ltd."". Pubali Bank Limited. 2019-05-20. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- "Pubali Bank to expand horizon". The Daily Star. 2010-02-09. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Pubali Bank gets new additional MD". The Daily Star. 2016-01-03. Retrieved 2016-05-09.