Mushfiqur Rahim Profile | Career Info, Records Biography
1986 John Player Triangular Tournament
The 1986 John Player Triangular Tournament was a cricket tournament held in Sri Lanka between 5 and 7 April 1986. Three teams took part in the tournament: Pakistan, New Zealand and hosts Sri Lanka. The tournament ran concurrently with the 1986 Asia Cup and was arranged partly to compensate for the withdrawal of India from the Asia Cup.
137/9 (43 overs)
140/4 (36.2 overs)
- New Zealand won the toss and elected to field.
- The match was reduced to 43 overs per side.
- W Watson (NZ) made his ODI debut.
191/9 (45 overs)
195/5 (42.2 overs)
- Sri Lanka won the toss and elected to field.
- This match was also the final of the 1986 Asia Cup.
214/8 (42 overs)
217/6 (40.4 overs)
- Pakistan won the toss and elected to field.
- The match was reduced to 42 overs per side.
- Cricinfo tournament page
- Cricket Archive tournament page
- Frindall, Bill (1997). Limited-Overs International Cricket – The Complete Record. Headline Book Publishing. ISBN 0-7472-1173-6.
- Vaidyasekera, Gerry (1987). "Asia Cup, 1985-86". In Wright, Graeme (ed.). Wisden Cricketers' Almanack 1987. John Wisden & Co Ltd. pp. 1021–1025. ISBN 9780947766085.