Mushfiqur Rahim Profile | Career Info, Records Biography
2016 ICC World Cricket League Division Four
The 2016 ICC World Cricket League Division Four was an international limited-overs cricket tournament held in Los Angeles from 29 October – 5 November 2016. It was the fifth edition of WCL Division Four, and the first World Cricket League tournament played in the United States. All matches were played at the Leo Magnus Cricket Complex.
The tournament was won by the United States, who defeated Oman in the final by 13 runs. Both the finalists were promoted to the 2017 Division Three tournament. The bottom two teams, Jersey and Italy, were relegated to Division Five. Jersey's Corey Bisson was the leading run-scorer, while Denmark's Aftab Ahmed and American pace bowler Timil Patel were the equal leading wicket-takers. Oman's Khawar Ali, an all-rounder, was named player of the tournament.
After the conclusion of the tournament, the United States captain Steven Taylor said that "this victory means a lot to us, especially as it came with the home crowd behind us". The United States coach Pubudu Dassanayake said "I wouldn't have settled for runner-up in the final" and that he was "very happy how things went in the final".
The following teams qualified:
- United States (5th in 2014 ICC World Cricket League Division Three)
- Bermuda (6th in 2014 ICC World Cricket League Division Three)
- Denmark (3rd in 2014 ICC World Cricket League Division Four)
- Italy (4th in 2014 ICC World Cricket League Division Four)
- Jersey (1st in 2016 ICC World Cricket League Division Five)
- Oman (2nd in 2016 ICC World Cricket League Division Five)
|Leo Magnus Cricket Complex||Los Angeles||United States||n/a|
Bermuda prepared for the tournament by playing four exhibition games in Toronto against club teams and a High Performance XI. Canada traveled to Bermuda to play three 50 over matches. The United States held a five-day camp in Indianapolis between 17 and 21 September. This included two 50 over matches against a Marylebone Cricket Club side. The United States also played Canada in the Auty Cup on 13, 14 and 16 October 2016 in Los Angeles.
Coach: Clay Smith
Coach: Jeremy Bray
Coach: Neil MacRae
Coach: Duleep Mendis
| United States|
Coach: Pubudu Dassanayake
- Srini Santhanam was originally named in the U.S. squad, but was replaced by Ravi Timbawala after suffering a pre-tournament injury.
- Terryn Fray was originally named in Bermuda's squad, but was replaced by Janeiro Tucker after breaking a finger in a warm-up match.
- Denmark's captain Michael Pedersen left the tournament on 1 November to attend to a family emergency, with Amjad Khan standing in as captain in his absence.
- Due to several members of the squad suffering injuries during the tournament, Tony Carlyon, Jersey's 46-year-old team manager, was called into the team for the final match of the tournament.
|Oman||5||4||1||0||0||8||+0.177||Promoted to 2017 Division Three|
|Denmark||5||3||2||0||0||6||+0.308||Remain in 2018 Division Four|
|Jersey||5||2||3||0||0||4||–0.598||Relegated to 2017 Division Five|
- All times are given in Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
312/8 (45 overs)
227 (37.2 overs)
- The match was reduced to 45 per side after time was lost due to wind that brought the sightscreens down during Bermuda's innings.
The top five run-scorers are included in this table, ranked by runs scored and then by batting average.
|Alex Amsterdam||United States||213||5||53.25||102||1||1|
|Steven Taylor||United States||209||6||41.80||124*||1||1|
The top five wicket-takers are listed in this table, ranked by wickets taken and then by bowling average.
|Timil Patel||United States||52.3||14||15.50||4.13||22.5||5/22|
- "Next stop Los Angeles for the newly promoted Jersey and Oman in the World Cricket League Division 4". ICC. Archived from the original on 31 May 2016. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "USA to host WCL Division Four in LA". ESPN Cricinfo. 25 April 2016. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- "USA holds off Oman to claim WCL Division Four title". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "Los Angeles gets ready to host ICC WCL Division 4 event". International Cricket Council. Archived from the original on 21 October 2016. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- "Five teams target favourites USA". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 29 October 2016.
- "USA, Oman elated after booking Division 3 berths". International Cricket Council. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "'I wouldn't have settled for runner-up' - Dassanayake". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- "BCB National Squad Toronto Tour". Bermuda Cricket Board. 30 August 2016. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Canada National Senior Team to Tour Bermuda". Bermuda Cricket Board. 18 October 2016. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- "USA to hold five-day camp in Indianapolis ahead of WCL Division Four". ESPN Cricinfo. 3 September 2016. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "Auty Cup to be contested as three-match 50-over series". ESPN Cricinfo. 29 September 2016. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Stærkt landshold med et par overraskelser udtaget" Archived 18 October 2016 at the Wayback Machine, Dansk Cricket Forbund, 16 September 2016. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- "ICC World Cricket League - Division 4 - Los Angeles - Atleti convocati" Archived 19 October 2016 at the Wayback Machine, Federazione Cricket Italiana. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- "Jersey Cricket Board squad for World Cricket League Division 4", Jersey Cricket Board, 11 October 2016. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Oman team train in Dubai ahead of ICC WCL Division 4 competition", Times of Oman, 10 October 2016. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "USA pick three uncapped players for WCL, Auty Cup", ESPNcricinfo, 30 September 2016. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- "Timbawala replaces injured Santhanam in USA squad". ESPN Cricinfo. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- "Fray injury latest blow for poor Bermuda", The Royal Gazette, 25 October 2016. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- "Denmark motivated to win for absent captain Pedersen". ESPN Cricinfo. 4 November 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "World Cricket League Four: Relegated Jersey beat Italy as father and son make history". BBC Sport. 6 November 2016. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- Della Penna, Peter (3 November 2016). "Denmark topple USA to create three-way tie for first". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 18 November 2018.