Mushfiqur Rahim Profile | Career Info, Records Biography
2022 Cricket World Cup Qualifier
The 2022 ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier is an upcoming cricket tournament scheduled to take place in 2022, to decide the final qualification for the 2023 World Cup. The host of the tournament is yet to be confirmed.
It will feature the bottom five teams from the 2020–22 ICC Cricket World Cup Super League (or, if World Cup hosts India finish outside the top eight, the bottom five teams excluding India) along with an additional five Associate sides. Two sides will qualify from this tournament to complete the ten-team World Cup field.
In addition, the World Cup Qualifier will determine who takes the 13th spot in the CWC Super League in the next qualification cycle. With the top 12 teams in the 2020–22 ICC Cricket World Cup Super League automatically qualifying, the 13th spot will be taken by one of either the 13th ranked team in 2020–22 ICC Cricket World Cup Super League or the champions of the 2019–22 ICC Cricket World Cup League 2. Whichever of these teams is ranked higher in the Cricket World Cup Qualifier will take the 13th spot in the next CWC Super League, while the team ranked lower will play in the next Cricket World Cup League 2.
In September 2018, the International Cricket Council (ICC) confirmed that all matches in the qualifier tournament will have One Day International ODI status, regardless if a team does not have ODI status prior to the start of the event.
Teams and qualification
|Means of qualification||Date||Venue||Berths||Qualified|
|Super League (Bottom 5)||31 March 2022||Various||5|
|League 2 (Top 3)||January 2022||Various||3|
|Play–Off (Top 2)||2022||Various||2|
- "New qualification pathway for ICC Men's Cricket World Cup approved". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Associates pathway to 2023 World Cup undergoes major revamp". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Star bags rights for ICC events from 2015 to 2023". Cricbuzz. 13 October 2014. Retrieved 14 October 2017.
- "New cricket calendar aims to give all formats more context". ESPN Cricinfo. 4 February 2017. Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- "The road to World Cup 2023: how teams can secure qualification, from rank No. 1 to 32". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 14 August 2019.
- de Jong, Bertus (16 August 2019). "Explainer: With 2023 Cricket World Cup qualifying process underway, here's a breakdown of ICC's new-look league structure". Firstpost. Retrieved 16 August 2019.
- "ICC awards Asia Cup ODI status". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 9 September 2018.
- "All Asia Cup matches awarded ODI status". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 9 September 2018.
- "ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Qualification Pathway frequently asked questions". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 6 November 2018.