Mushfiqur Rahim Profile | Career Info, Records Biography
Vitori made his List A debut for Masvingo during the 2005–06 Faithwear Clothing Inter-Provincial Competition, playing in all three of Masvingo's games, taking three wickets at an average of 12.00.
He switched to Southerns for the 2007–08 Logan Cup after the first reorganisation of cricket in Zimbabwe. He made his first-class debut for Southerns against Easterns in April 2008, taking 2/37 in Easterns' only innings. He also played his first, and to date only, Twenty20 match for Southerns against Westerns, taking 1/14 and making three runs.
He made his ODI debut, also against Bangladesh at Harare Sports Club, on 12 August 2011, taking 5/30 on debut, the best bowling figures by a Zimbabwean player on debut, and the sixth-best overall. He also took a five-wicket haul in his second match, taking 5/20 to become the first ever ODI player to take two five-wicket hauls in his first two matches. He also became the first player to be named man of the match in his first two games.
The following series with Pakistan was very disappointing for him, as Pakistanis worked him for cover drives and pull shots and he took only one wicket the tour with figures of 0/103 & 0/15 in the only Test and 0/43 & 1/62 in the ODIs. Rameez Raja suggested him to keep the in-dipper as a surprise delivery.
Vitori was originally suspended from bowling in January 2016, but he was reassessed and permitted to resume bowling in June 2016. He was again reported on 29 November 2016 and was subsequently suspended for 12 months in December 2016 after an independent assessment revealed he had employed an illegal bowling action. On 8 January 2018, Vitori underwent a reassessment of his bowling action at the High Performance Centre in Pretoria where it was revealed that the amount of elbow extension in his bowling action for all his deliveries was within the 15-degree level of tolerance permitted under the ICC Illegal Bowling Regulations. On 19 January 2018 he was declared completely free to return to bowling in international cricket. 
- List A matches played by Brian Vitori – CricketArchive. Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- Bowling for Masvingo in Faithwear Clothing Inter-Provincial One-Day Competition 2005/06] – CricketArchive. Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- Southerns v Easterns, 24–26 April 2008 at Masvingo Sports Club.
- Southerns v Westerns, 19 March 2008 at Harare Sports Club – CricketArchive. Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- "Pro50 Championship, 2017: Most wickets". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- Vitori dazzles on debut – ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- Vitori gets five again as Zimbabwe make it 2–0 – ESPNCricinfo. Written by Firdose Moonda. Published 14 August 2011. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- Only Test: Zimbabwe vs Pakistan at Bulawayo, Sep 1–5, 2011 Scorecard Cricinfo. Retrieved 8 October 2011
- "Vitori allowed to resume bowling in international cricket". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- "Zimbabwe's Brian Vitori suspended from bowling in international cricket". Retrieved 9 March 2018.