Mushfiqur Rahim Profile | Career Info, Records Biography
Indian cricket team in Zimbabwe in 2001
The Indian cricket team toured Zimbabwe from 28 May to 7 July 2001 and played two Test matches against Zimbabwe, with each team winning one game match. This would be Zimbabwe's only Test victory over a side other than Bangladesh until they beat Pakistan in the second Test in 2013.
First-class: Zimbabwe A v Indians
28–30 May 2001
- Indians won the toss and elected to bat.
- No play was possible on day 2 due to rain.
First-class: CFX Academy v Indians
2–4 June 2001
- CFX Academy won the toss and elected to field.
List A: Zimbabwe A v Indians
22 June 2001
103 (32.4 overs)
108/0 (17 overs)
- Indians won the toss and elected to field.
7–10 June 2001
- Zimbabwe won the toss and decided to bat.
- This was India's first Test win outside Asia in 15 years.
15–18 June 2001
- India won the toss and elected to bat.
- Hemang Badani (Ind) and Travis Friend (Zim) made their Test debuts.
- Grant Flower (Zim) played his 50th Test.
- Andy Flower (Zim) equalled the Everton Weekes' record for fastest to complete 1,000 runs against India in terms of number of Tests played (7).
- Heath Streak (Zim) passed 1,000 runs in Tests, and became the first Zimbabwe player to complete the double of 1,000 runs and 100 wickets.
The Coca-Cola Cup was a One Day International (ODI) tournament that followed the Test series. West Indies were the third team that competed in addition to Zimbabwe and India. After six games between the three sides in the round-robin group stage, West Indies and India qualified for the final. West Indies defeated India by 16 runs in the final.
- "Zimbabwe square series with historic win". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Zimbabwe clinch landmark Test victory over Pakistan". BBC Sport. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Zimbabwe claim historic win". Sporting Life. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- Ward, John (7 July 2001). "West Indies upset India in Coca-Cola Cup final". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 12 August 2017.
- "First Test Match, Zimbabwe v India 2001". Wisden. ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 12 August 2017.
- "2nd Test, India v Zimbabwe, Statistical Highlights". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 12 August 2017.
- Ward, John (6 July 2001). "India look favourites to win Coca-Cola Cup final against West Indies". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 12 August 2017.
- "West Indies upset India in Coca-Cola Cup final". ESPN Cricinfo. 7 July 2001. Retrieved 12 August 2017.