Mushfiqur Rahim Profile | Career Info, Records Biography
Pakistani cricket team in Australia in 1978–79
The Pakistan national cricket team, captained by Majid Khan, toured Australia in March 1979 and played two Test matches against the Australia national cricket team. The series was drawn 1–1. Pakistan visited Sri Lanka en route for home and played a match against the Sri Lankan national cricket team.
Test series summary
10–15 March 1979
24–29 March 1979
236/3 (48.1 overs)
WM Darling 79 (140)
- Australia won the toss and elected to field.
- 27 March was taken as a rest day.
- JK Moss (AUS) made his Test debut.
The Pakistan team had a stopover in Colombo after leaving Australia and played a limited overs match there on 4 April 1979 against the Sri Lankan national cricket team. Pakistan won by 55 runs. Sri Lanka were captained by Anura Tennekoon.
- "Sri Lanka v Pakistan 1979". CricketArchive. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- Bill Frindall, The Wisden Book of Test Cricket 1877-1978, Wisden, 1979
- Chris Harte, A History of Australian Cricket, André Deutsch, 1993