Mushfiqur Rahim Profile | Career Info, Records Biography
He played domestic cricket for KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa until 2008, when he then moved to the Highveld Lions, then moving back to the Dolphins in 2011, and the hard-hitting all-rounder is seen by some as a natural successor to South African legend Lance Klusener.
Regarded as a late developer, he was not selected by Natal Schools at age group level, but his performances in South African club cricket drew the attention of KwaZulu-Natal's academy. Frylink made his List A debut for KwaZulu-Natal on 10 October 2004 in a UCB Provincial Shield match against Easterns.
Frylinck made his first-class debut on 13 October 2005 in the South African Airways Provincial Three-Day Challenge match against Western Province, taking impressive figures of 6–94 in 20 overs. In the same season he made his debut in the SuperSport Series for the Nashua Dolphins (which is the name used by KwaZulu-Natal in that competition).
Frylinck was a member of the South African National Academy Squad in 2006.
After appearing for Kwazulu-Natal/Dolphins in 16 first-class matches, Frylinck was not included among their contracted players for the 2008/2009 season.
Frylinck has extensive experience of league cricket in England. In 2007 he played in one match for Nelson Cricket Club in the Lancashire League and in 16 matches for Vauxhall Mallards in the East Anglian Premier Cricket League. In 2008 he played in 20 matches for Benwell Hill Cricket Club in the Northern Rock ECB North East Premier League.
On 10 June 2008 he made his debut for Surrey's second team in the Second Eleven Championship match away to Worcestershire, achieving bowling figures of 5–130 in the match, which Surrey won by 8 wickets. Subsequently, Frylinck made three appearances in the Second Eleven Trophy, a one-day competition. In these three matches, he took 7 wickets for 92 runs.
Having impressed Surrey's head coach, Alan Butcher, with his performances for the second team and his ability to bowl yorkers, slower balls and bouncers, Frylinck made his first team debut for Surrey on 17 August 2008 against Northants Steelbacks in the Pro40 league, taking 3–52.
Frylinck did not appear again for the Surrey first team in the 2008 season, but he made one further appearance in the Second Eleven Championship against Lancashire.
T20 franchise cricket
In August 2017, he was named in Pretoria Mavericks' squad for the first season of the T20 Global League. However, in October 2017, Cricket South Africa initially postponed the tournament until November 2018, with it being cancelled soon after.
In October 2018, he was named in Tshwane Spartans' squad for the first edition of the Mzansi Super League T20 tournament. Later the same month, he was named in the squad for the Chittagong Vikings team, following the draft for the 2018–19 Bangladesh Premier League.
In October 2017, he was named in South Africa's Twenty20 International (T20I) squad for their series against Bangladesh. He made his T20I debut for South Africa against Bangladesh on 26 October 2017. Shakib Al Hasan was his first wicket in international cricket.
- Klusener comparison
- Surrey vs Northamptonshire 17 August 2008
- "Frylinck's record-breaking feat stuns Lions". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "T20 Global League announces final team squads". T20 Global League. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "Cricket South Africa postpones Global T20 league". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Robbie Frylinck ecstatic with #RamSlam hat trick". IOL Sport. Retrieved 3 December 2017.
- "Mzansi Super League - full squad lists". Sport24. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Mzansi Super League Player Draft: The story so far". Independent Online. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Full players list of the teams following Players Draft of BPL T20 2018-19". Bangladesh Cricket Board. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "Eoin Morgan to represent Dublin franchise in inaugural Euro T20 Slam". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- "Euro T20 Slam Player Draft completed". Cricket Europe. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- "Inaugural Euro T20 Slam cancelled at two weeks' notice". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 14 August 2019.
- "Mulder replaces injured Parnell for ODIs; Frylinck earns maiden T20I call". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- "1st T20I (N), Bangladesh tour of South Africa at Bloemfontein, Oct 26 2017". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 26 October 2017.