Mushfiqur Rahim Profile | Career Info, Records Biography
Taskin Ahmed Tazim (born 3 April 1995) is a Bangladeshi cricketer. He is the son of businessman Abdur Rashid and Sabina Yasmin. He is a right-arm fast bowler and a left-handed batsman. He represents Dhaka Metropolis in first-class and List A cricket and the Chittagong Kings and Chittagong Vikings franchise in the Bangladesh Premier League.
Early and domestic career
He completed SSC from King Khaled Institute and HSC from Stamford College. Now he is a student of American International University Bangladesh (AIUB). Taskin started cricket in Abahani playground on 10 January 2007. After playing under-15 and under-17 level he got the chance to play for under-19 team. He made his first-class debut for Dhaka Metropolis in October 2011 against Barisal Division.
In the under-19 World Cup of 2012, Taskin was the highest wicket-taker for Bangladesh, taking 11 wickets. In his second Twenty20 in BPL-2 for the Chittagong Kings he was named man of the match for his bowling figures of 4/31 against Duronto Rajshahi in the semi-final. He took 8 wickets in 4 matches which was the most important turning point of his career.
In October 2018, he was named in the squad for the Sylhet Sixers team, following the draft for the 2018–19 Bangladesh Premier League. He was the leading wicket-taker for the team in the tournament, with twenty-two dismissals in twelve matches. In November 2019, he was selected to play for the Rangpur Rangers in the 2019–20 Bangladesh Premier League.
After Rubel Hossain, Taskin Ahmed is the 2nd Fastest Bowler in the history of Bangladesh cricket. Taskin Ahmed has clocked 148 km/h against Pakistan in Asia cup 2016 where Rubel Hossain has an impressive 149.5 km/h in a warm up game in 2009 ICC World Twenty20. Taskin Ahmed can consistently bowl around 145K/h. The door of national team opened for him suddenly in case of Mashrafe's injury on the 1 April 2014 and took the wicket of Glenn Maxwell in T20I debut. On 17 June 2014, he took 5 wickets against India as the first Bangladeshi ODI debut bowler. This outstanding performance was nominated as one of the best performance of 2014 in Cricinfo award.
He is also selected to Bangladesh national cricket team in the 2015 Cricket World Cup squad for his outstanding performance in domestic cricket in 2014 season. In group stage of WC, he took one wicket against Afghanistan, three against Scotland and two against England, which had a very important role to qualify in the quarter-final. The next time Bangladesh faced India was in Melbourne, the World Cup quarter-final. It was a full-strength Indian team this time around. Taskin impressed again by taking three wickets. He was the highest wicket-taker from Bangladesh in WC-2015. The epic celebration between Taskin and Mashrafe after getting wicket called "Chest-bump" was nominated as one of the most memorable moments of WC-2015.
In 2016 he was selected in Bangladesh's squad for the 2016 ICC World Twenty20. However, he was later suspended from bowling in international cricket due to an illegal action bowled during the tournament.
In November 2017, Taskin Ahmed married his childhood friend Sayeda Rabeya Nayeem.
- "Barisal Division v Dhaka Metropolis, 30 October – 2 November 2011". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- Isam, Mohammad (16 February 2013). "Taskin keeps Kings' final hopes alive". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- Panwar, Daksh (17 June 2015). "Taskin Ahmed: A tall, fast and handful poster-boy". The Indian Express. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- "Full players list of the teams following Players Draft of BPL T20 2018-19". Bangladesh Cricket Board. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "Bangladesh Premier League, 2018/19 - Sylhet Sixers: Batting and bowling averages". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 2 February 2019.
- "BPL draft: Tamim Iqbal to team up with coach Mohammad Salahuddin for Dhaka". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
- "Taskin and Sunny suspended from bowling due to actions". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- "Bangladesh tour of New Zealand, 1st Test: New Zealand v Bangladesh at Wellington, Jan 12–16, 2017". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 29 December 2016.
- "Taskin Ahmed Gets Married, Fans Troll Him And Wife".